Tuesday 17 January 2012

Teddy Bears (Display Ideas)

I enjoy having a change-around every once in a while and this week it was the teddy bears' turn. By using flea market finds and props from around the house, you too can enhance your display of little bears.

Lella Loves... Creative Displays

Rocking horses are one of my favourite items to sit next to a bear. They add a touch of delightful nostalgia to a your teddy shelf.

Lella Loves... Little Bears

Look for cast metal ones or have fun browsing an antiques and collectables fair for a miniature wooden one such as this handmade example.

Lella Loves... Creative Displays

If you like other animals, why not incorporate them where possible. These lovely verdigris chickens are actually garden ornaments but I love to have them pecking on my kitchen floor.

Lella Loves... Creative Displays

Another lovely idea which is so inexpensive is to wrap a few books into a stack. Spend some time browsing an old book store for small Beatrix Potter. Pretty ribbons can be found in any craft shop or haberdashery store.

Lella Loves... Creative Displays

This little bear is no bigger than a keyring plush. Ribbon-tied books are perfect for beary bottoms.

Lella Loves... Creative Displays

This is an old leather case for a musical instrument but the contents are gone and the case was bought for a few pounds at a table-top sale. A very shaggy and well-loved bear sits on the case.

Lella Loves... Creative Displays

Alphabet blocks are a current trend in home furnishings at the moment and they can be found in several sizes from £4 a set. Be creative in your displays and enjoy your bears as well as other peoples' comments.

I have a small collection of modern bears and many are still in bear shops today. If you see anything you like in this post, please feel free to message me and I will let you know where I bought it.

Lella  xx

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I do just that especially with the little things. The furniture I just cant do, ANYMORE! What a beautiful space you have created here, thank you so much for sharing. I will follow on my way out so I know my path back here. Perhaps you will find the time to come visit me soon and do the same. I look forward to engaging more throughout the year and beyond. Take care. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse