Sunday 14 August 2011

Pretty Tea Cups

Good morning and I hope you are having a lovely, lazy Sunday.

Today's blog post is to share with you some of my tea cups. 

Because I use them for various things, apart from actually drinking tea out of them, I buy very old or delicate sets which might well be chipped or have a hairline crack in the cup. Such damage doesn't bother me as I buy them for their beauty. 

Here are a few photos of cup and saucers sitting on my bookshelf. 

Lella Loves... Tea cups

Single cup and saucers are widely available and if you visited a collectables fair, your choice would be substantial. Set yourself a limit, say £4 per cup and saucer, then look for colours which inspire you. If you like flowers or tea cups with birds on, start a small collection with a similar theme.  

Lella Loves... Tea cups

By not being too fussy with condition but going more for pattern and beauty, I have bought Victorian trios for a few pounds. I have them in between the books, sitting on a pile here and there as I feel books need space and your eyes need space. 

Wall to wall books are all very well but turn a few on their backs to let your display 'breathe'.


Lella Loves... Tea cups

If you are off to a flea market or a car boot today, look out for pretty cups and buy colours to match your home. Have a great day and feel free to comment.

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse