Tuesday 16 August 2011

Scarf Charms

Today's project includes scarves and necklaces: two of my favourite things! Using photographs, I will explain how I took an old necklace and made a scarf charm.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

I have seen something very similar in a local boutique gift store and although lovely, I did not wish to spend £22 on one when I can made it myself.

You will need:
A pretty scarf
Necklace or pendant
Pliers

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

*Tip: Keep your eyes open for lovely dangly charm necklaces which can be recycled. Look for £1 pendant necklaces from Primark. The sale rail in Top Shop is a good place to find chunky pendants at a discounted price.

To start, have all your items ready and your scarf ironed.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

Take your pendant necklace and using the pliers, open the upper jump ring.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

Once opened, remove the pendant.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

Next, you need to take your (ironed) scarf, fold it in half and half again.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

Take your pendant and feed the scarf through the large loop at the top of the pendant. If your necklace and pendant didn't have an extra jump ring simply unhook and remove the chain, keeping the whole pendant intact.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

This is what your project should look like. A lovely scarf with a very cute charm pendant.

Lella Loves... Scarf Charms

I do hope you enjoyed today's post and please feel free to leave me a comment.

Many thanks for reading.

Lella  xx

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse