Friday 26 August 2011

Silk Flowers (Small and Pretty)

Hello there and welcome to another Floral Friday :) Every week I aim to share with you the delights of using silk flowers around your home. 

Last Friday, Foxgloves were the display of the day and to balance out their expense, today I am showing you a few options if you want to spend less than £5 or £6.

The first display uses a single rose and a recycled glass herb container. The cork lid was wedged inside but that didn't bother me as I handed over my 50p.


Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

Lella Loves... Containers

I brought it home, prized out the lid and soaked off the shop's price ticket which was still on the base. Using just one, very large, very blousy, dusky pink rose, I trimmed it to about 4 inches. The greenish hue of the recycled glass harmonises with the greenery on the rose. 

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

The single rose was £4.99 and I used my own rule of the single stem's flower head must be larger than the circumference of the container. This would make a pretty gift.

*******

My next arrangement is one of my favourites to date as it cost me less than £3 and it is a little cutie. It was one of those occasions where I saw the bowl and knew which flowers would suit. Having previously bought a selection of mixed anemones, I had only used the pink and purple flowers so the white were ready and waiting!

I took three white anemones and trimmed the stems to two inches. 

(NB: The white anemone pictured here is to show you the price ticket. When you see the display, my white anemones have black stamens. Same flower, same price, different store.)

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

This delightful little bowl was one of three different bowls I bought at an evening table-top sale for about £1 (for all three bowls).



The flowers on the outside mirror the anemones. What a fabulous find. Just darling!

Lella Loves... Pretty Bowls

It is no bigger than a satsuma and when I saw it, I knew straightaway what I was going to do with it. The anemones are perfect.

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

This little display could sit happily in a bathroom or by your telephone. I love it, and all for less than £3.

*******

The last idea is still on a budget and uses an Edwardian lemonade glass, a pre-tied bunch of flowers and some snips.

Beautiful vintage glassware can be found at almost any collectables market. Be choosey [when buying your glassware] but don't be too picky if you are buying with flower arranging in mind.

Lella Loves... Vintage Glassware

This glass cost me 25p because there are a few 'nibbles' on in the rim. The tiny chips don't bother me as I am not intending on using it to drink from. 

I love the fact that this glass might well have been made before my lovely grandma was born.

Here is the pre-tied bunch of flowers which I deconstructed. They are a bargain at £2.99 from Dunelm.

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

Taking each stem, bend it back and snip at the join. I cut them all free of the main stem as I wanted to use different flowers for different displays.

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

The pink hydrangea is about 50 pennies worth of the pre-tied bunch once you have separated all of the flowers.

Lella Loves... Silk Flowers

In total, this little display cost approximately £5. The glass was 25p, the pink hydrangea was about 50p and the white flower is an everlasting Dill (herb) flower head which was about £4.

If you have seen anything you like today, feel free to leave a comment. The flowers came from either Dunelm or Home Interiors : http://www.homestansted.co.uk/ 

Keep an eye in your local paper for jumble sales and other charity bring and buy events. I do hope you find yourself in amongst the flowers this weekend.

Love, Light and all things floral.

Lella  xx


http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse