Saturday 24 September 2011

Book Crossing

Today's post is a little tip for book lovers and book worms alike.

Lella Loves... Book Crossing

Last month I went to a book crossing event: I came home with an armful of books for my nephew and every single book was free!

Book Crossing is a worldwide website which is supported by local community events with the aim of releasing unread books from members' book shelves, into the wider world for others to read. The setting free of all the lovely books is done at a book crossing table-top event.

I love attending book crossings and it was the fourth or fifth one I had been to.

Each time I go, I take a box of books which I no longer need, no longer read or can simply live without. I donate the books and then browse to see if there are other newly donated books which might be of interest to me to take home at no charge.

My only commitment is to register the book(s) on their website or to make a journal entry on a book which has already been registered. It is fun to see where your books have come from as well as tracking to see where they end up.

Lella Loves... Old Books

The lady who organises our local book crossings encourages every person who takes a book away, to register it, and I make sure I register mine!

As much as I want to warble on about it, your best option is to actually visit their website.


Make yourself a cup of tea and see if a book crossing is something you might be interested in.

Lella xx

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this before and think it's such a charming idea. I am going to pass this on to my bookworm friends to spread the word. Thank you for blogging it!

    ReplyDelete

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse