Thursday 1 September 2011

Notebooks

I love notebooks and I am not talking about the new, mini laptop computers. We live in a time of amazing technology yet there is a certain joy to be had when buying a new notebook. 

Here are a few of my favourites.

Lella Loves... Notebooks

Notebooks should be used everyday. One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was to write a 'Things to Do' list. This became a habit and the thrill of crossing off a task done can give you a sense of achievement.

Lella Loves... Notebooks

Here is a beautiful example of a velvet covered notebook, and it is decorated with seed beads and sequin embellishments. This was bought for me as a gift. From memory, I think it was about £12 - £15 from Paperchase. Super tactile and very pretty.

Lella Loves... Notebooks

Ring binder style notebooks are the type I keep for making quick lists in as the pages can be torn out and taken with you. Great for shopping lists and for making notes for presents or websites.

Notebooks can be found in every style, size, colour and paper but I stick to A5. I also think everybody loves Winnie the Pooh. :)

Lella Loves... Notebooks

My best bargains to date have been this lovely example in bright orange embroidered silk...

Lella Loves... Notebooks

...and this lilac satin notebook which both cost me the princely sum of £2 each from my favourite haunt, TK Maxx.

Lella Loves... Notebooks

A fabulous bargain for £2.

*Tip: If you are buying for yourself, rummage in the reducement section. Look for mark-downs and past-season's designers' notebooks. If you find a full-priced one which is grubby, ask the manager for a 10 per cent discount as it is shop-soiled.

Lella Loves... Notebooks

Have a great day and start your own 'Things to Do' list.

Lella  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse