Thursday 22 September 2011

Handbag Charm Pins (Green)

Hello there and today's post is another example of how to make a charm pin for your handbag.

If you love green and honey-coloured gem beads, this is the project for you.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

My finished handbag charm which took no more than 1 hour to make.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

I found this necklace in my local Cancer Research store and paid £2.50 for it yet its original price label showed that someone had paid £24.99 in a large high street department store. 

Charity shop bargains never cease to amaze me.

If you wanted to make your own handbag charm pin, all you need is a large kilt pin, a lovely beaded necklace which has metal fastenings and pliers. You can add ribbons or lace if you like the look.

Simply follow this project and let your creative side flow.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

To get started, I took my round-nose pliers and began to dismantle the necklace.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

Leaving three or four links, I twisted at the points where the beads linked and they simply open out.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

Having selected my chosen beads from the original necklace, I threaded them on to my kilt pin.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

I continued to thread the beads and I adjusted the links as I felt is necessary.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

Ribbon is something I like to use to add an extra texture to the overall look.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

Using a basic up-and-over loop, I tied three little ribbons and pulled tightly. The ribbon tails were trimmed at an angle to complete the look.

Lella Loves... Handbag Charm Pins

After I added my ribbon, I slipped on a few more beads to pad out the charm as I do like more than less :)

All I have to do now is find a bag to put it on and I will take a photo of it for this blog.

If you wanted to see the previous post on charm pins, simply click here:


Many thanks for reading,

Lella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse