Thursday 10 November 2011

Old Ironwork (Gates)

When my friend told me that she had put her old gates in the skip, I nearly fell off my chair. With no time to waste, her gates were in my car boot within 5 minutes.

Lella Loves... Old Ironwork

These fabulous old ironwork gates have kept children safe, stopped dogs escaping and have so much to tell through their layers of paint. I love the peeling paint as it shows their history.

Lella Loves... Old Ironwork

I am hoping to use them as an alternative to garden trellis. A white clematis will look delightful if left to ramble gently through all the curves and scrolls.

Lella Loves... Old Ironwork

By putting unwanted gates to use in another way, you add your own style to your outdoor space. There are no rules to enforce: no laws stating that trellis has to be wooden. If you enjoy climbing plants, let them scramble up old ironwork.

Lella Loves... Old Ironwork

In my opinion, they are too stylish for words. I simply had to rescue them. They might not be to everyone's taste but these gates make me smile. I love them.

Look out for similar gates or other pieces at salvage yards or reclamation centres. Don't be afraid to haggle!

Pop back soon.

Lella  xx

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse