Thursday 3 November 2011

Test Tubes

My latest obsession is test tubes. Yes, you did read that correctly :) I know it sounds rather strange but I have just traded 277 glass test tubes and I am thinking of ways to utilise them.

Lella Loves... Test Tubes

I have filled an old wooden box with 70 test tubes as this is a fantastic way of taking root cuttings. I hope to simply snip top cuttings of lavender and pop them in water. The test tubes' length will provide light and encourage rooting.

On a kitchen window, this would be super for springtime flowers such as miniature daffodils.

Lella Loves... Test Tubes

A watercolour artist could use a similar layout as a constant clean water change. These lovely tubes are 5 inches tall so perfect for a home studio and so easy to clean and reuse.

Lella Loves... Test Tubes

I washed them and then left them overnight to dry but as they are glass, I could have popped them on the top shelf of a dishwasher.

Lella Loves... Test Tubes

Buttons, flowers and spices all come to mind but if you have an idea, please leave me a comment. I will happily trade a couple of dozen or so with anyone who wanted to swap other craft supplies.

Please message me if you have a swap suggestion. There is no harm in asking so ask away.

Many thanks for reading.

Lella  xx

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse