Friday 30 December 2011

Silk Flowers (Purple Eucalyptus)

Eucalyptus is normally thought of as a good evergreen filler for seasonal arrangements and winter displays. However, as a fan of silk flowers and everlasting greenery, I love to use both, especially the purple variety which can be found at good silk floral stockists.

This display is set in a copper trough which I found at a flea market and it looks perky and colourful no matter which room I place it in.

Lella Loves... Purple Eucalyptus

I move my arrangements around all the time and here is the purple eucalyptus with the olive display and my verdigris pecking chickens.

The olive display is photographed in its own post. Here is the link to see it in full:

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com/2011/09/silk-flowers-olive-branches.html

The black framework which is holding everything is an etagere, otherwise known as a 3 tier garden stand made of wrought iron.

Lella Loves... Purple Eucalyptus

My Hallowe'en mantle was filled with pumpkins and silk oak leaves. I added the purple eucalyptus to give height and as a backdrop for my wooden crow.

Lella Loves... Purple Eucalyptus

A perfect combination for a small corner is a simple display on a couple of vintage leather travel cases.

If you wanted to recreate this arrangement for your home, you will need:

22 stems of everlasting purple eucalyptus
2 blocks of dry Oasis foam
Copper trough or similar
Dried moss
Snips or pliers

All you need to do is cut your dry Oasis and fit it into your chosen container. Trim the eucalyptus so the top of the container meets the start of the leaf spray. Arrange all the stems and then cover the Oasis with the dried moss to give your display that professional finish.

Your arrangement will last you many years. Remember not to place evergreen or silk flowers in direct sunlight.

Let me know if you make your own and I want to hear if you love it!

Lella  xx 

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse