Sunday 9 October 2011

Handmade Soap

Do you love handmade soap?

Handmade French soaps can be found at provincial Anglo-Continental street markets as well as in gift shops and chemists with a luxury soaps section.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

My collection is growing and yours could too. Keep your eyes peeled if you enjoy the hunt of pretty things and useful things. Handmade soap is so lovely and can be easily found for 20p and 50p a block if you browse car boot tables.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

Many folk receive soap as a well meaning gift yet they never use it, preferring anti-bac hand wash. This is how these delightful soap blocks have ended up in charity shops: they are simply some people's idea of clutter.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

Small blocks of handmade soap such as these are usually about £3 each when purchased new yet this olive bar cost me 50p each from a car boot sale.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

I am a non-user of these French blocks, instead I display them.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

They are beautiful and, if I see a (new and unwanted) block in a charity shop window, I have to go in and smell it!

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

These handmade vegetable soaps also make a pretty display. I leave them in their wrappers as they are rather plain without it.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

Burt's Bees are a must-have travel product and these Rosemary and Mint shampoo bars are perfect for long weekends away.

Lella Loves... Handmade Soap

I keep a lavender soap and a nail brush in much loved but cracked terracotta pot. When I have been gardening, there is nothing better than to clean my hands the old fashioned way.

If you too love soap, please let me know your favourites.

Pop back soon,

Lella xx

http://lellalovescreativity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lella Loves... Books

All books are free postage and are shipped from Amazon UK.

Click on any book to see price and availability.

Usually delivered within 48 hours.

More books to browse